My little Walter

Monday, February 25, 2013

One Windy Day

The winds started at 2:14 a.m. and continued throughout the day.  I had never experienced such a windy day in Del Rio.  Per WeatherBug we had gusts to 48 mph. and it did not let up until late this afternoon.

If I look out the kitchen window, I can see the part of Walter's corral where that plastic cover is. Which by the way was flapping away and remarkably did not blow off.  He of course was not under it and chose to move to the other side where I can not see him unless I go outside.  Going outside was not an option today.

To get to him I have to pass a grove of mesquite trees whose limbs could have hit me in the head with the strong gusts.  I did see his owner by the corral, so at least I am hopeful that he went to check on him.

My hope is that all the dust and dirt flying around did not aggravate his poor eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment