My little Walter

Monday, March 11, 2013

Change in feeding schedule

Yesterday when we got back from the lake the red truck his owner drives was not there.  This morning there were no cars at his house so went to pay him a visit.  About an hour later I saw the top of a cowboy hat and grabbed my binoculars...sure enough it was his owner.  A while later I saw the kid inside the corral and then Walter chewing his hay.

His owners property sits on higher ground than ours. The only place I can get a good look at the driveway (now that he built a tall cinder block shed) is from our main gate.  Had to make a trip to town so went to open it and as I looked toward his driveway I noticed that he brought back a beige truck. When I passed  his house there was a camping trailer that was not there yesterday with a For Sale sign.

This afternoon I was hand washing mom's van and dad's old car as Walter looked on from his corral. Then I watered the trees and in all this time never saw anyone come feed him. Seems they changed his feeding schedule to mornings versus late afternoon. The beige truck was no longer there but the wife's car was in the driveway.  It was dark already so went and took him some pellets to tie him over.

Thank you for your visit to Walter's World.


6 comments:

  1. I wonder why they don't sell him, but OMG, I would hate to not know what kind of people new owners would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard (from a very good source) that Walter is a thorny subject between the owner and his wife.

      She apparently did not like the visits the sheriff made to their home and wants him to get rid of him. That includes selling, giving him away, raffling him...it does not matter...she just wants him GONE.

      He does not share her opinion and being the macho man he thinks he is...he pretty much told her that was not going to happen.

      Believe it or not he wants Walter he just has a very peculiar way of showing it.

      Delete
  2. Just catching up on the last several weeks of your other blog (doing a lot of traveling & the only way I can keep up with any blogs at all these days is reading them semi-monthly or so all in one sitting when I get a chance) and just now found out you'd started this blog for Walter!

    MsB, you have such a heart of gold. It's wonderful you are doing this on behalf of that sweet animal.

    You said in one of the first few posts that you "have no idea why someone would want to take on the great responsibility that comes with owning a horse when they obviously have no time to devote to their animal nor the economic means to properly care for him."

    This is what I do not understand! What is their purpose in keeping him?

    Maybe you could start a paypal account &/or a tip jar so readers can help you liberate him from his wretched jail over there. I wonder what your neighbor would take for him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to read you Leilani. Lucky you, getting to do some traveling! I am honored that you take the time to read my blogs as busy as you are.

      Like I commented to Trouble, his owner does not want to sell him. It is my personal opinion that he actually thinks he is a very good owner and sees nothing wrong in the way he and the kid take care of him :-(

      I on the other hand could not adequately take care of him. He is in bad need of medical attention. I do not think he has ever been to a vet, been vaccinated, heck the poor horse did not even have a name until I gave him one.

      I do not have a horse trailer or a vehicle to pull it nor the knowledge to be able to hitch and unhitch one. Who would look after him when we go to Houston or on my annual trek to Terlingua?

      Walter needs a good caring and forever home where he can get all the love and attention that he deserves.

      Delete
  3. Yes, taking on a horse is a huge commitment of time & energy & money and you're right, he deserves the best. But you're really doing an amazing thing here trying to increase his chances of getting it.

    Gotta say I just have so much admiration for your can-do gumption! Most of us tsk-tsk about these things but never do anything. You take charge & DO something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words Leilani.

    Somehow I do not think I have done enough or at least not enough to garner the attention of the proper authorities though I have tried.

    I think it is useless now after you read my next post.

    ReplyDelete