My little Walter

Monday, April 15, 2013

95 degrees and no water

I'm glad I saved him enough for another ration because this morning the kid went off to school without feeding him.  First it is morning feedings, then afternoon...then no feedings to speak of  :-(

I went into town and bought him some more horse pellets.  I was surprised that the kid fed him at 4:00 p.m. but he forgot to water him even though his water barrel was downed.

In light of today's events...I, like millions of Americans...was glued to my television set.  I did not get to check on Walter till late.


His water barrel was still empty


This time he did not turn me down when I offered him water.  In fact he was glad to see me arriving with some liquid gold.  Poor Walter, it got to 95 degrees...probably felt like more with the sun shining on him and no shade to speak of.


He drank 7.5 gallons this evening.  I do believe the kid or someone from his house saw me from the window but no one came out.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like they know you will take care of Walter and let him go on purpose sometimes....Horrible people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kid almost caught me Sunday, he was coming from his cousins house. Since Walter did not want water that afternoon I turned and went to a nearby tree to dump it.

    He saw me but I don't think he bought the fact that I was watering the tree.

    I think he could care less as long as it is not him having to water him.

    ReplyDelete