My little Walter

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Little Walter Smiled :-)

I went to the corral at 8:08 a.m. and he was eating his ration of hay and pellets.  So the kid fed him this morning...BUT...there is always a but involved...he did NOT fill his water barrel :-(

Taken at 1:27 p.m. when the sun fully hits the empty water barrel

When he is eating he does not like to be disturbed so I came back after he finished and brought his new green water container.  The pink container is fine for his pellets as they do not weigh much.  However when I put water in it...it weighs a ton...and the grip handles are not as sturdy as with this new one.  I only give him a gallon at a time because I do not want to hurt my back.



Remember a couple of weeks back he kept on yawing?  I had not seen him do that again until today.  Took several pictures of him but by the time my cheap camera snapped the shot...it did not capture it...I did manage to get one picture.

I think little Walter needs to have his teeth brushed.

As I was looking over the other pictures I took of him today...I found a gem!  He actually looks like he is smiling at me :-)


It was 95 degrees today so I kept an eye on him but by around 3:00 p.m. he decided he was not going to drink anymore water no matter how much I pleaded with him.  Told him he was going to regret it because we had several errands to run and we would not be back till late, lol....like he really understood :-D

We came back around 8:30 p.m. but there was no lights or cars in his owners driveway.  Went to check up on him and his water barrel was still empty!  He drank 5 gallons, then I fed him dinner and topped it off with 2.5 more gallons.

By now it was 9:40 p.m. and no sign of his owners.

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures of Walter. Too bad Walter doesn't have any shade. It looks like Walter is very glad to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having any shade is one of the things that concern me about him Cactus BB :(

      I do not know if he was glad to see me or the goodies I bring him...jajaja!

      Delete