My little Walter

Saturday, April 13, 2013

No food on Saturday

Went to open up the main gate early as we were expecting company.  Since I did not see his owners truck only his wife's car I went to see him.  He had not been fed yet and he was flustered which made me wonder if he got fed last night.  After finishing cleaning out the bottom of the tent as well as the tarp my back was killing me yesterday.  I went to bed early last night and did not get a chance to go check up on him.

Saw the kid go by the house when Cliff and Carl were cutting down the trees.  The guys left and about two hours later I saw him walking back to his house but never even stopping to check on Walter.  He did not feed him all day!

For some reason Ramon was not around...that man keeps weird hours!  Not that it would matter it is not like he remembers to feed him either.

We made a late trip to town and did not get back till almost ten o'clock tonight.  Like a thief in the cover of night...I made my way and fed him.  Once again I offered him water but he refused...he wanted more food!  I am almost out of horse pellets and wanted to keep at least one more ration in case I don't make it into town tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment