My little Walter

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Three sets of eyes

I can not believe that three different sets of eyes...the man that came to feed him yesterday, the kid and then his owner this morning could not see that Walter's water barrel was empty.


I felt so guilty last night for forgetting to go take him some water so this morning I went bright and early only to notice that his owner was home and this time in a white truck...does this man ever go to work?  He had been given hay but he came right up to me as if saying please give me some water! With his owner being home, I could not do that :-(

See all that hay in the background?
Will take a picture at the end of the month and you will see that it hardly ever goes down.
  It is just there to keep the sheriff away.
Went into town and when I got back I saw there was an used car with paper plates that his owner was inspecting as I drove by his house.  From the street I could tell that his barrel was now upright and hopefully with water.  Again with him being outside I could not go check it out.

This afternoon we were under severe thunderstorm alerts and while we really need the rain, I was sad because Walter has no shelter from the elements.  We got rain, thunder and lighting but thankfully no hail!

Thank you for dropping by Walter's World.



2 comments:

  1. I hate it that you can't do anything for Walter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a shame that being an able bodied full grown man and having an equally able bodied teenage son they don't even bother giving Walter the most basic of necessities...water!

    It pains me to have to watch from the sidelines and not be able to provide that for him.

    One thing I know is that Karma is a bit*@ , we will see how he fares in his golden years in a nursing home and they forget to feed him or change his diapers! Having had a father in a nursing home myself I know that is a very common occurrence.

    You reap what you sow in life.

    ReplyDelete