My little Walter

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Unfilled Water Barrel

I did not get a chance to go by the corral till 11:00 a.m. so I can not say whether or not he was fed this morning.  However, his downed water barrel was now upright.  From the way it was situated there was no way the kid could have moved it had it been full.


Besides Walter prefers food to water unless he is very thirsty and today he drank all the water that I offered him and then some. Of course, I also fed him his horse pellets.



It looks like he is saying "Belinda stop taking my picture
and give me some more water" :-)

When the kid got back from school he moved the barrel but did not fill it. Note the dangling hose...when he fills it up... he is too lazy to take out the hose!  I have observed this trait in both father and son.


It was not until late this afternoon that he fed and watered him.


Today he gave him a little more hay than usual...could it be to make up for no water?


Finally a full water barrel...with the hose inside like I mentioned above.


2 comments:

  1. How hard can it be to fill that water barrel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I say!

      If you will note they have other water barrels outside the corral. He could fill two as easily as he can fill one...if he dreads this chore so much...

      Delete