My little Walter

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cloudy Day

It has been cloudy all day so I could not see whether or not his water barrel was full.  Offered him some water but of course he did not want any.  It looked like he had been fed late as it was around 11:30 a.m. and he still had hay.  That means his owner fed him before heading out of town.

The wind blew pretty good most of the day out of the SW with gusts to 34 mph and that helped keep the pesky horse flies at bay.

I had a feeling the kid was not going to feed Walter tonight and I was not wrong.  Just as I finished around 9:20 p.m. or so the lighting began followed by much needed rain.  Again we need the rain but I felt sorry for him as he has no shelter.

I have to remind myself that the donkeys and the longhorn herd in Terlingua do not have shade either.  Then again they are free to roam and are not locked up in a filthy corral.


No comments:

Post a Comment