My little Walter

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back to their old ways

Up early (for me) 7:14 a.m. to put out the trash and open the gate.  Walter was looking at me and moving from side to side...so I go visit him.  No sign they fed him this morning.  I was outside till 10:15 p.m. last night raking mesquite pods and watering the yard.  No one came to see how he was doing...much less fed him.  At least I was able to give him a late supper.

When the sun hit his water barrel...it showed he only had an inch of water...darn kid!


I took him some water but he is back to being stubborn and refused to drink it!  Even when I clearly saw he was trying to get a drink before I showed up with clean fresh water...crazy horse :(



Saw the kid and his brother coming from the nephew's house in their bicycles but they did not even look Walter's way.  It was close to noon and it was hot and miserable outside.  Decided to give him his pellets since it was obvious they were not going to feed him.


This evening they fed him at 8:50 p.m. but I could not tell if they had filled his water barrel.  Today it got to 98 degrees with a heat index in the three digits.  Definitively not a day for an animal to be without water.

2 comments:

  1. Went over the 100 mark here too. Just don't understand that crazy horse! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walter is as strange as his worthless owners :(

      Delete