My little Walter

Thursday, June 27, 2013

He finally drank some water!

I went to the corral a little past noon only to confirm my suspicion that the kid had not given him water last night.


It was awfully hot and I was glad he was under his shade structure.  Brought him a gallon of water at first because he is so wishie washie about drinking it.  To my delight he started drinking it up...so I brought him some more...7 gallons to be exact!



Here he looks like he is saying "Don't you have enough pictures of me?  Hurry up and give me my water!" :D


When  I came back from running errands around 4:20 p.m. I went to see him and noticed that his water barrel was different, the water hose was not inside of it and someone had given him hay that remained uneaten...something odd as Walter is always hungry.


Then it came to me that when he is thirsty...he knocks the barrel down so that his idiot owners can tell it is empty.  The father has taught the kid well so they don't get in trouble with the authorities upon seeing a down water barrel.  He simply picked it up and did not give a darn that his animal had nothing to drink when it was 99 degrees today with a heat index in the three digits.

A look from another angle

I brought him more water and he gladly consumed it.  He drank 4.5 gallons.  This evening I went to check up on him and found he has not eaten his hay but strewn it around the corral.  When the mechanic came after the rain he noted that his "prop hay" was not covered and told me that hay goes bad if it is not in a dry place.


It was 8:45 p.m. by now and his water barrel remained empty.  Brought him 5 gallons and he seemed grateful and lapped up every drop :-)


2 comments: