My little Walter

Friday, July 5, 2013

Plumbing problems benefit Walter

Was up early...actually I never went to bed...but that is another story.  Opened up the gate and then went to check up on my little guy after all the darn fireworks last night that went on until almost 2:00 a.m.

He seemed fine and was calm.  It was too early to be able to tell if his barrel was filled or not.  Yesterday afternoon the fireworks started earlier than usual and the smell to gun powder...is that what it is called?...was too strong for me to be able to stand it.  Therefore the trees were not watered but I had the foresight to have done so in the morning.  I did have the hoses in place in case they were needed.

Wasted no time while it was still relatively cool and watered everything including the weeds because I know people are going to continue popping firecrackers all weekend and I can not take a chance on some of them coming down on our property and starting a fire.

While I was outside I saw the kid jog by the house and then saw him stop and give Walter a tiny portion of hay and some horse pellets but again I could not tell if he filled his barrel.  We are having some plumbing issues and while I was outside my mother was holding down the fort inside...so I hurried back home.

The plumber said they would be here between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. in the mean time I was filling up gallon milk jugs to keep from wasting this precious liquid.  It occurred to me to offer Walter some...if he declined I was going to use it to water the only good tree we have in that lot...to my surprise he lapped it up! Brought him three more gallons and he did the same.  What a shame that his owner, his wife and the whole family were there but not a single one of those worthless jackasses could find the time to turn the spigot on...amazing!!!

He ended up drinking 9 gallons before he went back to finish his food.  For Walter food is the priority not water so I knew he was thirsty.  Went back inside to take a shower and to tidy up the bathroom before the plumber arrived.

Got a call at 4:39 p.m. that the plumber was not going to make it because they were running behind from calls received on the 4th of July but would be here tomorrow morning.  Said they were tied up most of the day digging up a sewer line.  Darn it all...but what can I do?  This is not mother's worthless plumber...I called a reputable plumbing company that has been in business for decades.

With that unwelcome news went to try to get Walter to drink more of the liquid gold that I was collecting and he obliged.  This time around I noticed that the barrel was not in the same position and that Walter had probably downed it but all they did was stand it back up :(


Late this afternoon I again went to water the trees and weeds but no one had fed or watered him.  The kid and his brother were riding bikes around the block and in the church parking lot until pretty late this evening.  As a matter of fact the little one got honked at because he darted out in front of a car.  Wonder where the parents were at?


After they went in I brought him his supper.



No comments:

Post a Comment