My little Walter

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sunday Chit Chat

Post for Sunday - July 14, 2013

Sunday afternoon I saw the kid and his little brother playing soccer in the church parking lot.  Later their father Ramón (not his real name) joined them.

I had bought Walter's horse pellets a few days back but had not had the chance to cut open the 50 lb bag and place its contents in plastic containers...with my bad back there is no way I can lift that much weight at once.

Ran out of containers so what I was doing since his owners were outside was dumping his pellets on the ground so I would not be seen feeding him and they thought he was eating poop as that never seems to bother them :-(

It was already past 9:00 p.m. when I went to scope out the area so I could offer him some H2O.  Walter's corral is on high ground where our lot is on low.  As I was headed there I saw that Ramón was by his corral and had already seen me...so had no alternative but to continue heading that way and greet that horrible man.

I was so surprised he was actually standing by his water barrel filling it up and making sure it did not spill over.  We made idle chit chat and I asked him when he was going to let Walter come graze on our property. He said he would probably bring him next weekend...do not know if he is a man of his word of not...sadly, so few men are these days...but that is what he said.

4 comments:

  1. It'd sure be a lot easier for you if you could just keep him on your side. Lugging all his food & water around in the heat while trying to evade detection can't be fun.

    But, wow, Ms. B, those pellets you've been feeding him seem to have worked miracles. He looks sooooo much healthier & so much more vigorous than he used to - when you first started he really was looking like he was at death's door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could take credit Leilani but the pellets I feed him only are to tie him over until the kid or his father remember to feed him.

    Walter is a BIG horse and from what my mechanic tells me (he has had horses of his own) he is bloated and has worms. If they were to de-worm him he would get skinny real fast.

    My intention was never to feed him just to water him until his worthless owners remembered to turn on the water spout.

    ReplyDelete