My little Walter

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

You are NOT Walter :-(

We were fortunate to receive some much needed precipitation starting yesterday afternoon and most of the evening.  Went to inspect my water catchment system for dummies when a movement by the corral caught my eye.  I caught a glimpse of the tail of a horse and immediately got my hopes up.

Ran inside the house to put on my rubber boots and grab my camera.  As I made my way to the corral I noticed that the horse had a white patch on its face...Walter did not have that!


 I believe this horse is a mare.  She is big and tall like Walter but is in better physical condition than he was.


She has kind eyes but she is not my little Walter...sigh :-(


Just yesterday I made my way to the corral before the rains so either she arrived after that or today.  I feel so sorry for her already.  The corral is a soggy mess and while they seemed to have filled up her water barrel there is no food or hay around.


 I have not lost hope that Walter will soon turn up.

6 comments:

  1. I sure had my hopes up when I saw the posting....Is there anyone you could ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my hopes up too. I hardly see the kid now that school has started and the father works out of town. Maybe this weekend I can catch them when they go play ball by the church.

      Delete
  2. She is way to thin I hope she isn't pregnant.
    She is so sad looking. Why would those people even want a horse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more knowledgeable about horses than I am bargirl238. I certainly hope she is not pregnant ...the thought had not even crossed my mind.

      I have no idea why these people would want another horse or any animal for that matter...they are not worthy of being pet owners.!!!

      Delete
    2. That was the first thing that crossed my mind! Maybe she's carrying Walter Jr.? (That hussy!) ;-)

      Do you think that could be what those absences were about? I wonder if they were breeding him.

      Makes me ill they have brand new horse to mistreat now.

      Delete
    3. Lol, Leilani....that hussy!....jajajajajaja :D

      Actually, I think Billy Bob discreetly set me straight about Walter on a post on his blog. All this time I thought his absences were due to being bred when he in fact "is fixed" I forgot the term Barney of OFM Adventures used and I am too lazy to google it :-(

      Have not had a chance to write a new post but this mare mysteriously dissappeared the following day!

      Delete