My little Walter

Thursday, October 17, 2013

After an absence of 66 Days....

After an absence of 66 days....my little Walter is back!!!


As I drove by his house I saw his owner's truck was home...kind of early for a Thursday afternoon, I thought. Drove into our driveway and as I was getting the things down from the car...I noticed something moving in the corral.


I am nearsighted but it looked like a horse with a reddish colored bridle.  I did not want to get my hopes up....remember last time it was a mare and not Walter? Since I have known him he has had a green bridle.


As I approached the corral...I knew it was Walter!  I called out his name but he ignored me :-(


He was too busy eating the grass that grew inside this round metal thing during his absence.  Mr. Walter does not like to be disturbed while he is eating, lol.  I came by later and he finally came over to the fence line and let me pet him.


He looks like he was well fed even though a bit dirty.  His eyes had a sparkle to them.  I am so glad he is finally home :)


4 comments:

  1. He's home?

    Oh my gosh! I have goose bumps all over. I thought he was ...well, I won't say what I thought.

    If you ever would have told me I could have gotten so attached to a horse that lives on a blog on the internet, I would have told you you were crazy. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is finally home Leilani.

    I honestly thought his owner had sold him and that I would never see him again :(

    My mother told me how much happier I seem to be since his return. I too never thought I would get attached to a horse that is not even mine.

    Thanks for taking an interest in little Walter :-)

    ReplyDelete