My little Walter

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cold, wet and hungry

I warned in my last post that my entries in this blog are not always happy ones and today is not the exception.

The cold front came in and the wind was blowing hard when I noticed that Walter was not in his corral.  Kept a eye out for him as I served mother breakfast.  A little later went to check on him.  My smart little guy was laying down by the fence hoping to block the strong wind from the north.  He saw me and got up hoping I had his pellets but I didn't and his owner was home so could not feed him.

Would you believe he did not feed him at all on Friday or for that matter Saturday? Those people are SCUM!!!

I guess it was too cold and rainy for the darn kid and father. I was not about to let him go hungry...cold and rain were not going to keep me away!

Remember how I mentioned that I have no way of knowing if he is fed in the mornings before they go to school and work because I don't make it to his corral until after 10:00 a.m.?  Well this time I was out there by 7:00 a.m. with my flashlight Friday, Saturday and today Sunday....they did not do a morning feed!!!

Today Sunday at 1:30 p.m. they finally remembered they had a hungry horse, gggrrrrrrrrr!!!


Note how wet the ground is and the piles of dirt he has to step on.


See how deep his hooves sink.  It can not be good for him to be stepping on this cold and wet dirt for a prolonged period of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment