My little Walter

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Grass clippings

It was cold this morning and I did not want to confirm what I already knew...no one had fed or watered him. Last night I gave him the rest of his horse pellets and it wasn't much.


He looked sad especially since I only brought him water and I knew he wanted food.


Got out my handy shears and started cutting the tall grass to tie him over until I could get to town.



He happily munched on it....



Cut him three containers....


Went to purchase him some more horse pellets and was pleasantly surprised that they had gone down in price.


When I passed his house I saw his owner's truck in the driveway...I go to great pains to keep them from seeing me feed him.  This afternoon I went to scope out the corral and I am happy to report that they finally filled his water barrel and had given him hay.


2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of him in the header. It's like he knows you're his 'real' owner now and knows he's going to get that bucket filled in a couple of minutes after his Mom puts down her camera.

    And darnit, Ms B, I was going to give you a Stripes gas price report for the one across from Sirloin Stockade on Veterans.I barreled through there yesterday AM on my way west and tried my best to memorize the sign, but that CRS disease you suffer from must be 1) highly contagious and 2) blanketing the air in Del Rio. I've already forgotten. Think it was $2.92 and $3.53? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leilani! Long time no hearing from you. What a great compliment you give me calling me his "real owner"...sure wish I was!

    Let me tell you...that CRS disease sure is contagious but to be fair to Del Rio, I think I had it before I moved back home...jajajajaja!

    Stripes across from Sirloin Stockade is always in competition with Walmart gasoline price wise much like the Stripes across from HEB is with them.

    The Stripes you mention has dim lights on their price marquee so I usually take a picture of the new Stripes who has lower prices and is owned by a different entity.

    I hope you enjoy your trip west and don't be a stranger :)

    ReplyDelete