My little Walter

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Grazing on his owner's lot

My back is acting up once more so I have not been able to make my multiple daily trips to the fence line but I have been keeping an eye on him from the kitchen window.

Friday, I saw his owner's truck backing up to the corral and thought perhaps he was going to take him somewhere but that was not the case.  He backed up the truck to unload two bags of horse feed into an old blue water container he keeps just outside of the corral.

Was looking for my binoculars to get a better look but then remembered I had not unpacked them from my trip to the desert yet.  Funny, I could not see Walter so after he left I went to check on him.  They had taken him out of his corral and had him grazing on their weeds.

The same was true for today (Saturday) they had him on the other side of their lot.  This is all good and well since his corral is wet from the recent rains and he needs the exercise but how can it not cross that man's head that Walter needs water to go along with those weeds?

Silly me...if he does not even fill up his water barrel when he is in the corral... why would he make an effort to set another one out and make it available to him?  As much as I would have liked to have watered him, I can not walk unto private property.  Even if I could...there was no way I could carry even one gallon of water with my hurting back.

My poor little guy...he either has food and no water or vice versa or what is worst neither of them.

Thanks for visiting Walter's World.


No comments:

Post a Comment