My little Walter

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Gone, Back, Gone, Back....

It seems like his owner is playing a game.  Walter is vanished, then he comes back and then he is gone again.

Monday afternoon when we came back from Mexico I spotted him grazing on an empty lot in front of his owner's house.  When I went to feed him that evening, he was nowhere in sight.  Now I know that man was not going to drive him anywhere that late in the day and his horse trailer was where it usually is.  Did he leave him at the neighbors all night?

Tuesday morning I was getting the car ready for our second trip to Mexico when I spotted Walter with his saddle and in his horse trailer just as his worthless owner was pulling out.  Darn...where was my camera when I needed it!  He looked so handsome :-)

He did not return or if he did, it was not to his corral.  Around ten or so this morning I saw his owner pull in to the corral with his trailer attached but no Walter.  This afternoon as I was coming back from town I spotted him once again grazing at the neighbor's empty lot...with no water in sight!

The temperatures dropped significantly today and I took a two and a half hour nap early this evening. By the time I got up it was dark and too cold to go see if in fact he was back in his corral.  At least I know he ate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment