My little Walter

Saturday, April 5, 2014

He was so thirsty!

It was early in the afternoon when I looked out the window toward his corral.  I saw him going back and forth kicking up dust and not acting like himself.  Decided to walk over and investigate...he came to the fence to meet me and started moving his head from side to side...a gesture I know well.


First thing I did was look toward his water barrel...saw that it had been moved away from the spigot...that means Walter knocked it down to let his worthless owners know it was empty and the lazy ass teenager only picked it up.

Here he is waiting for me to bring him some more water
 as he moves his head from side to side.

Immediately went to fill up some gallon milk jugs and grabbed his green container.  He sucked it dry until he had drank 8.5 gallons at which time we walked away and began eating his hay.  I felt so guilty for not having come by yesterday to check up on him. How can two able bodied men fail to look after their horse and not even provide him with water?  Shameful!


I was filling up milk jugs and hiding them behind this mesquite tree that finally served a purpose, as I did not want to be seen watering him.  After he finished eating he neighed as if saying "woman bring me more water"...I did and he drank two more gallons.

Late in the afternoon I saw a red truck parked by the corral.  Then I saw what appeared to be a woman dressed in red...I knew it was NOT that man's wife as she absolutely hates Walter.  Decided to take a page from mother's "Nosy Rosie" neighbor and started watering the trees.


She appeared to be a teenage girl and she gave him more hay and actually went into the corral, moved his blue barrel under the spigot contraption his owner rigged up and turned on the water.  Could it be his owners were not home?  He has so many vehicles it is hard to tell.


Waited a prudent time and then went to check.  Sure enough she filled his water barrel so much that it spilt over but at least he finally has water and more hay to tie him over until tomorrow.



Thanks for dropping by Walter's.


No comments:

Post a Comment