My little Walter

Friday, April 4, 2014

Summer temperatures in Spring

We have gone from spring to summer in two weeks.  It was 94 degrees yesterday and it has been in the 90's for a couple of days.  I have been sneaking to his corral to water him but thankfully it has not been bad like in other occasions.  The most he has drank is two gallons and I believe he did so because the water in his barrel was hot.


What concerns me the most...is the metal thing in his poorly constructed shade structure...that has long since come loose.  This thing can fly off any minute, straight to our house and in the path of where I park dad's old car and sometimes mine.  Walter is safe unless the winds were to come out of the west.


The metal thing makes a lot of noise and it scares him so he goes to the other end of his corral where he has no protection from the blaring sun.  The only reason he is where he is at in the picture below is because I came over to water him.


In the past two weeks his owner has taken him riding on three occasions.  For the most part my little guy is doing well and that is always a good thing.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was long overdue but with my schedule lately had not had an opportunity. Thanks for caring about Walter.

      Delete