My little Walter

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Walter amogst the purple sage

Today is trash day so I was up early and went to check on Walter.  Surprisingly someone had given him some hay but I had my doubts if his water barrel was really full.



Last night we had a heavy shower that lasted all of four minutes but I knew that was enough to add more misery to his already wet corral.  Since he was eating I left him alone.


I needed to drive into town and was going to take him some water but I saw his owner by the corral and hoped he would do the honors.  At the corner stop sign there were a couple of cars ahead of me, so I got to see him pulling weeds. He saw me but he ignored me and I did the same.  Did notice he had finally filled his water barrel...it was about darn time!
 
I have noticed that since his corral is wet he has been spending a lot of time at this corner where it is drier.


I wanted him to pose by the flowering purple sage but I couldn't get a good shot of him.


Second try...


Third try...oh well, maybe tomorrow :)


2 comments:

  1. Well, at least he has a good view because it looks beautiful on your side of the wall. You'd think that somebody in Walter's house would realize those huge mounds of yucky stuff in his corral would make great fertilizer for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His owners are lazy and it would involve "shoveling" that kid wont even turn on the water spigot as it apparently involves too much work.

      They do not have a garden, not even flowers. Pretty much all they and about everyone else has is pesky mesquite trees, cactus and weeds.

      Delete