My little Walter

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

That worthless teenager...grrrrr!

I thought it was odd that every time I looked towards the corral, I did not see Walter. Yesterday I had washed some socks and hung them to dry on the clothesline.  When I remembered it was already dark and I didn't feel like looking for the flashlight.  Anyhow the weatherman has been wrong all week and I did not think it would rain.


This afternoon I went to fetch them and to my surprise it had rained!  When did it take place?  I did not see or hear anything.  All my socks were soaking wet.  That is when I heard Walter neighing loudly. Wondered what was up?


Was walking back to the front of the house when I saw that he was in our property.  He was neighing because the worthless teenager was giving him food but he was too lazy to walk it over and was dumping it over the fence in an area full of old wood scraps, nails and thorny plants.


I felt bad because I had no idea how long he had been at mom's house and I had not put out water for him.  I also felt bad since I have not gone to buy him his horse pellets because the trunk of my car is full with bags of clothes for a future trip to the laundromat that never seems to take place.


He has pretty much eaten all the native grass and weeds that he can at mom's.  A horse as big as Walter requires a good amount of food.  His owner bought a new bale of hay last weekend but he covered it up perhaps to protect it from the rains that never fell until today.


I walked up to the corral and with the rain it was a soggy mess.  Glad at least they brought him over and not make him stand in that filth.


Even the area with that so called "shade" over it was wet.  There are at least three able bodied men in that house bet they could clean this corral in less than an hour.  As much as that teen is on the Internet, he could google how to manage horse manure like John does at The Field Lab.


I get such a kick out of this darn rooster.  He was supervising the feed...he should of attacked the darn teenager as he was doing it wrong!


Since it was already late in the day and the lazy teenager was feeding him, it is a good bet he is going to spend the night here.  Earlier this evening I went to look if he was still here but our backyard is very dark and I could not see him.  Walter like Ralph never respond when I call out to them.

With regards to Ralph he went missing for two days, came back yesterday for dinner and I have not seen him since.  Here is a picture of him in his now favorite place to sharpen his claws as well as supervise me as I do outside chores :)




No comments:

Post a Comment