My little Walter

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Like cats and dogs

It is no secret that there is no love loss between Ralph and Pedrito.  Both of them try to out do each other and are always competing for my attention.  Lately I have become more of a disciplinarian and peace maker than I would like to be.

Earlier this month when it was still a little cool during the day, I made a little bed for Ralph out of a cardboard box of Bar-S hot dogs and an old flannel nightgown.  He loved it and would nap the day away in it.


He is small enough that he could be incognito during the day and the other strays that come visit would never know he was there.  This box of course sits on top of an old table where he is high off the ground.  Before the box he would sleep on top of the tarps that I keep there.

You can not pull one over Pedrito as he was well aware Ralph slept there.  I was looking out the window when I saw something move on the table and then saw a big blackish creature and panicked!  Upon further review...it was Pedrito!


He must be 40 or 50 pounds and he was inside this small box!  I am amazed the table did not break in half as old as it is!  I took a picture through the window but it did not come out.  Ran outside to snap this as he was getting up.  Please excuse the mess as I also keep the gardening tools here amongst other things.


This is what Ralph's little box ended looking like....

 
Ralph was not too happy and later on that afternoon took his frustrations out on Pedrito by trying to scratch him across the face.  Afraid that Pedrito would try to retaliate, I took the scratch for him and do not regret doing so.

I swear these two are worst than kids!

2 comments: