My little Walter

Monday, April 20, 2015

Walter is visiting

We have had a lot of rain this month and unfortunately that means knee deep mud and poop at Walter's corral.  Last Tuesday I was surprised when I saw him in mom's yard as Pedrito never barked to alert us of his presence or the presence of the person that brought him.

It does not matter, we were very happy to see him even though I can not say the same for Ralph and Pedrito :D

Even though I have been trying to keep up with the yard, his help is greatly needed and appreciated. He has food, water, shade and lots of place to roam. Two days later Dulcinea joined him.

I can't help but think that she came from a bad situation and being with Walter's owner's family is an improvement.  For those not familiar with the blog, she was bought by Walter's owner's daughter and son-in-law.  They do a way better job of looking after her needs than Ramon (made up name for his owner) does of Walter's.

She is very destructive and has tried on several occasions to tip over the heavy garbage container. I wonder if that is what she had to do when she was with her prior family?  She also turns over potted plants and tries to get into small places instead of staying in the grassy areas (green weeds).

Ramon came to take Dulcinea home and Pedrito barked at him and he did not like it.  I came out right away as I was afraid he would try to kick him...I do not like that man!

I said bye to Dulcinea and Walter and Ramon replied...I am only taking her, I will leave you Walter! There was no...thank you for having them, can Walter stay a couple more days?  Nothing...oh well, I guess he was never taught manners.

Pedrito got a wild hair and started following and pestering Walter. Wish I had had a video camera to capture Walter having had enough of him and chasing him around the yard...lol, that was funny! That settled him down real fast :)

I have some pictures that I will have to upload later as I did not download them from my camera yet.

Ralph is getting a mean streak in him and scratched me around the ankle because I got him down from mom's recliner in the porch...but Shhhhhh...don't tell mom!  The scratch marks lasted about two weeks and are finally healing.


I went by Church's last week and saw about five cats who had obviously been dumpster diving and were happily napping.  I told Ralph that if he did not change his attitude he would be joining them soon (kidding)...jajajajajaja!

2 comments:

  1. The nerve of Ramon! I feel so sorry for those poor horses. I am not a cat person to begin with, but the first time my cat scratched me like that would be the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Walter is still here. My mother was not happy with Ralph...she is not fond of cats or dogs.

    ReplyDelete