My little Walter

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ralph Update

I can not believe I have not done a post in almost two months!  Computer problems continue to plague me and of course the NBA playoffs and finals.

I will start by doing an update on Ralph.  He must be almost a year old by now and I guess he is out chasing girl cats.  He disappeared for a while and when he came back, he was almost skeletal like and pretty beaten up.


His little eye was almost shut :(


While Pedrito keeps his distance and does not mess with him, I can not say the same for Tontolina.  Even though she is a non-agressive dog she likes to chase cats and I do not like that.  Several times she has chased him off the property just as I was fixing to feed him.

One night while I was watching the playoffs I heard several dogs and a terrible noise like they were taking apart an animal.  Ran outside only to find the neighbor's dog from across the street loose and in our yard.  He is a mean dog and should not be roaming the streets.  The lady neighbor heard me yelling at the dogs and came to get him.

Weeks went by and I had come to terms with the fact that he was probably dead.  Then out of the blue he showed up again.  I was so happy to see him!


The above picture was taken the day we supposedly had an earthquake in Del Rio.  It was raining cats and dogs so I had to wait in the garage/carport for a long while.  Had just washed the car and he jumped up and left his dirty paws all over it :(

He came by about two weeks ago but again Tontolina chased him off the property and Pedrito did nothing to prevent it!  Hope he is OK.

4 comments:

  1. so glad to see a post from you. Have missed you. Ralph will finally quit coming back, if you dont stop the dogs from attacking him. Im surprised he lets them get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pedrito the dominant dog is afraid of him because he has been on the receiving end of his scratches.

      Tontolina is a very meek and submissive dog but her natural dog instinct is aroused when she sees Ralph. She had accepted him but since Ralph decided to go chasing girl cats he stopped coming around and I guess in her mind she is protecting us.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Rob.

      Unfortunately during my blog absence Blogger made changes to the image upload and now I have no idea how to load a new header picture :(

      Delete