My little Walter

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Side effect of the puppies?

With the help of one of mother's friends we adopted out the last of the five puppies. I am glad I still have my little cat carrier as it came in handy.

Those puppies as cute as they were, were a pain to deal with. They got into a lot of things and chewed up my tarps, tore into the mulch bags, and basically wreaked havoc.

However, we think they might have had something to do with what we now have or at least mother is sure it was their fault.  What we have now are baby mice that have us on pins and needles.  My blood pressure is already through the roof and this situation has not helped any!

One of my readers suggested the mice baits and that worked great.  I was firmly convinced that we had put the issue to rest when I saw two baby mouse dart by as I was on my computer this morning.  I screamed like a mad woman.

Our kitchen was a later add-on and built higher than the main house as we had had problems with water coming into the house. If you close the kitchen door you pretty much isolate the problem...or so we thought.

Mother thinks that the puppies food (even though they ate it all) along with the water I left out by the back kitchen door was an invitation to rodents.  I have to admit she might have a point.  She wants all three dogs gone but I have no idea how I am going to do that.

These dogs have probably never ridden in a car and I have no idea how they would react.  As far as Tammie is concerned...she does not trust me enough to even let me pet her.  I do not think anyone would wants these strays.  My only alternative is to put them to sleep but again the problem is how do I get them to the vet in order to do that?

It is a good thing that I decided to go to Tractor & Supply instead of Home Depot since they are much closer to the house. I found large poison bait more suitable for a ranch environment and I will be there first thing tomorrow to purchase them.  Not saying there is anything wrong with the smaller bait but I just can't deal with this infestation and neither can my nerves.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. i got rid of ALL on this whole hill, i think... hahahaha, accidently. When my bird food got low in the 5 gallon bucket i left the lid off. and wow,, about 15 mice were in it next day and couldnt get out.... Got my 2 cats busy, and for days i had them in that bucket. Caught about 50 total, and theres been no problem with them since then, and that was 14 years ago. I have 1 or2 every once in a while, but catch them right quick. Ok,,bird seed, 5 gal bucket with no lid, sitting where the mice can jump into it... they can't get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a long time ago you posted something to that effect on your blog but I did not know it was bird seed you used as a lure.

    Trouble, I am not as brave as you are...I would freak out worst if I saw them alive in the bucket...how would I kill them? I do not have a cat.

    Where is my tall or even a short one...weathered cowboy when I need him?

    ReplyDelete