My little Walter

Sunday, February 28, 2016

A mystery

As you all know...on weekends even though it pains me...I try to block out what is going on with Walter and Dulcinea as their respective owners, as in Dulcinea's case...come home from their out-of-town jobs.

Pedrito and Boris do not like Dulcinea.  She has a tendency to kick and when she was here a couple of months ago, she kicked them both.  Boris is tied to one of the mesquite trees closer to the corral and every time he sees her approaching the fence, he barks at her.

There is a very good series on TV entitled "La Reina del Sur" which translates to "The Queen of the South" portrayed by Kate del Castillo a Mexican actress who caught "El Chapo's" eye when she made this series for Telemundo.  When I watch TV, I do not like to be bothered...however, the dogs were barking way to intensely for me to ignore.  It was around 5:30 p.m.

When I went to look out the kitchen window I saw Dulcinea in the middle of the street as cars braked not hit her.  How did she get out of the corral?  It looked like she wanted to come into mom's property but couldn't due to the barb wire Walter's owner placed so he would not escape when he comes to graze here.

Since there was nothing I could do, I went back to watching TV but came back to look out the window during commercials.  I saw Walter's owner by the corral looking towards our house and he stayed there for a long time.  Did he bring her here and she escaped because Boris barked at her? or did she somehow get lose on her own?

This evening the neighbor's dog started barking as he usually does around this time of the night.  I did not know if it was our strays or his dog but it was his darn dog.  Then I saw Walter's owner driving very slowly with his horse trailer attached.  Have no idea what might have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment