My little Walter

Thursday, March 3, 2016

No luck

I want to thank Gypsy for providing the webpage and telephone number of the Houston SPCA.  We do not have long distance service on mother's landline to be able to call them.  I therefore went to their webpage.

Unfortunately this is what I found http://www.houstonspca.org/cruelty-and-rescue/report-cruelty.html

This is what it says:

"If the county or state you're contacting us about is outside our jurisdiction, please contact the animal control organization, animal shelter or local law enforcement agency for that area. We cannot respond outside our jurisdiction unless requested by law enforcement."


There in lies the problem the CIty of Del RIo animal shelter will not respond to cases outside of the city limits.  They will tell you to call the Sheriff Department.  I have personally gone to that Department in the past and only one officer cared enough to go investigate, unfortunately he took a leave of absence and never came back.

The attitude I face is "lady we are too busy dealing with other issues".  That is why I quit reporting them and just water and fed Walter on my own,

There is another organization but they told me that they only deal with cats and dogs.

So i am back to square one.  This is the main reason I started this blog, to gather pictures and document the neglect suffered at the hands of this individual.

The last time I went to the Sheriff's Department I tried to show them my pictures but the official I talked to basically did not want to see them.  He told me they would take their own pictures in the course of the investigation.  What investigation?

Walter is not the only horse I have reported.  Remember Claire that was left for over a month in a lot owned by the county, with filthy water and no food? http://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/2013/05/claire.html


No comments:

Post a Comment