My little Walter

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Rudy Update

On Thursday, February 28th I decided to go to the City of Del Rio Animal Control Center on the off chance that someone had either brought him in or dumped him within the City Limits. 

I showed the lady a picture of him and told him he was now sporting a metallic red collar. She commented that I was the second person that day to be looking for a black cat.  Usually, you have to wait until visitor hours to be allowed to see the animals but she took me to see him right away and I felt hopeful.

He was in an individual cage frightened and cowardly hiding behind his food bowl. I could barely make him out then I saw one of his eyes and it was round and a different sort of green than Rudy's.

Had it been him he would have come rushing to me. I remarked that he did not have a collar on.  I so wanted it to be him she told me that if I did not find him I could adopt this one. 

They must have new policies in place because I was even able to fill out a report in case a cat matching his description was picked up they would call me so I could come to identify him. This was not the case when Pedrito my stray dog never came back home two years ago and I went looking for him there.

I had no idea there were so many stray black cats in the neighborhood.  Probably due to the fact that his father has procreated many of them.  I have come to a screeching halt thinking it was Rudy only to see the cats take off.  My Rudy would have stayed around.


4 comments:

  1. Luck would have it that you would adopt another stray only to have Rudy reappear the next day. We area still hoping you find him.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I feel sorry for that poor cat there is no way I could adopt him. I am already responsible for Blanca (momma cat) her two surviving sons and Sonny who just showed up and never left.

    Not to mention all the other cats that daily depend on me for food and water. I am still hoping Rudy returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had cats & dogs who have just disappeared... it happens. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Rob, it has happened to me too. Maybe that is why I do not officially own any pets. Strays have a way of finding me but it hurts nonetheless when they disappear all of a sudden.

      Delete