My little Walter

Friday, May 17, 2019

Worried about Nico

I have mentioned in prior posts that I have been worried about Nico since his hair has been shedding a lot and is no longer lush and full.  He has lost weight and when he comes to rub against my leg he feels warm as though he had a fever.

He won't pose for pictures so I got him when he was
napping and he did not like being awaken.
The other day I wet a paper towel and placed it on his head but he did not appreciate it and took off.  I need to take him to the vet but as you know I take the boys to a veterinary in Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila - Mexico across the border from Del Rio, Texas.  I myself go to Mexico when I need to visit the doctor or dentist as I do not have health insurance.

The only problem is that with the asylum seekers they have moved ICE personnel to other border towns to deal with the contingency, therefore, the lines to cross the border back to the USA take over an hour but really closer to two hours.

He has not lost his appetite and for all practical purposes does not seems otherwise affected.

2 comments: