My little Walter

Sunday, July 21, 2019

A nice morning with Blanca, Katie and the boys

Went outside to feed the boys a little after 7:30 a.m. was surprised that it was 75 degrees with a nice breeze that made it feel even cooler.  While I did not see them they saw me and came running from in back of the garage and beat me to their feeding table (the old washing machine).

It was so nice outside I pulled up a chair and watched them eat. It did not take long for Blanca to make an appearance.  For some reason, Sonny does not like her and tries to run her off (perhaps getting even for her running him off when he was a kitten).

Then the other two joined Sonny while Blanca kept on hissing at them.  Nothing was going to keep her from eating her breakfast.


It was funny because despite the hissing after she finished eating she decided to keep her distance but join them as they relaxed.


Noticed that she no longer had her flea collar.  It did not take long for Katie to come by as well.  I have not seen her in a long time since I keep the blinds closed in the kitchen now. If you recall she had her kittens on May 15th so they are 8 to 9 weeks old but I have never seen them.

I tried to take her picture but she ran off so I backed off so she could eat and then return to her kittens.  I did not like that Sonny (who is not neutered) kept on following her and smelling her behind. Since neither one of them likes to be touched I do not see how I am going to capture them to take to the vet.


2 comments:

  1. No idea on how to catch the cats... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back about 30 years ago when a local veterinarian acted as the County Animal Control and would come to pick up strays and dead animals they would loan out animal traps.

      I was able to catch several stray cats, a possum, and an armadillo. Now with so many strays around I would probably capture the wrong one and not the two that need to be neutered.

      Another problem is that I have to have an appointment to have them fixed as the Mexican veterinary only works by appointment and on certain days. If I trap the wrong one I lose my appointment.

      Delete