My little Walter

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Walter's Eye

It has been a very windy day.  From my kitchen window I kept on looking towards Walter's corral and I could see that plastic thing he has for a cover was flapping in the wind.  I had told the kid last week how dangerous it was and to tell his father that if he needed another one, we had a couple of used metal ones.



During weekends I know his owner is home as well as the rest of the family so I try not to visit him during the day.  Late this afternoon I had not seen any activity by his corral and I was worried that he had not been fed, so I went to investigate.


He immediately came towards me as evidenced by this picture.  That is when I saw his eye!




I petted him and reassured him he would be fine.  Then as is customary began yelling the kid's name :-( His father's truck was there and they have good hearing but no one came out.  I did see the curtains move but I could not tell who looked out.

I came home to get some baby wipes to clean his eye but I really did not want to do that.  I wanted his owner to see he was bleeding so he could do something about it and for once and for all take what is left of that broken plastic thing off!

As I was going back to the corral I saw two figures in the distance so I yelled the kid's name once more.  It was his father and him and I told them what happened.  All he said was "Thank You".  I saw the man get into the corral while the kid watched and I left.

Here I was criticizing mother's "Nosy Rosie" neighbor and what did I go do?  Lol, I did the same thing...I went to get the water hose and started watering the trees, so I could keep a watchful eye from the distance :D

I went back later but it was dark and he was eating...and when he is eating...no one else matters to him. I can not blame him after all they only feed him once a day.


Though today I did notice they gave him a little more hay than usual.


I was hoping he would have removed the danger especially with the high winds forecasted for tomorrow but alas that is asking for too much from the "gentlemen".


4 comments:

  1. Some people are more of an animal than animals and they should never own an animal nor should people like that breed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy you could not have said it better. My sentiments exactly!

      Delete
  2. I just don't know why there isn't someone there to stop the abuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due to budget shortcuts they did away with the County Animal Shelter or whatever it is called years ago. Since then you have to report animal abuse to the Sheriff's department.

      I have gone on multiple occasions over the years to report the abuse especially not having water for him in 100's plus temperatures in the summer.

      They take the report come out for a look but do not follow up. His owner knows how to beat the system and he makes sure he puts his bales of hay so the officers driving by see he has food.

      However they do not know that if they remember to feed him, they only do so once a day if he is lucky but the watering issue continues year around.

      Delete