My little Walter

Monday, July 1, 2013

July starts on the wrong foot

As I have mentioned before I try to stay away from the corral on weekends because that is when his owner is in town and the kids are outside.

Was going to go check up on him this morning but noticed that the man's truck was in the driveway so I desisted.  Around 1:00 p.m. I was outside and Walter started making his horse noise and trying to get my attention.  Went to investigate since his owner's truck was gone.


His water barrel was down and he was agitated.  Came back with his green container and one gallon of water that he immediately drank.  Because of my bad back I can only carry one gallon at a time or at the most two gallons.


When I was coming back with his fifth gallon saw the truck pull in but not to the driveway...to the side of their house closest to the new shed he built.  I saw both kids get down but they did not see me.  I let Walter finish drinking and came back home.

I was so angry and wondered how long he had been without water.  I bet after filling up his barrel Friday they never filled it back up again....grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Just like last week, he has not wanted to eat his hay.  Maybe my mechanic is right and it has gone bad after months of sitting in the sun and getting wet...as this is his "prop hay"...to keep the police at bay.  For some reason he is now feeding it to Walter.


No comments:

Post a Comment