My little Walter

Thursday, August 15, 2013

At the nephew's house?

This past Sunday, August 11th his owner brought Walter back to graze at our house.  I was thinking perhaps he was going to let him spend the night as it was 9:15 p.m. and no one had come for him.


I was outside watering the trees when a shadow startled me.  I was deep in thought and did not notice him in our property.  He is a very tall man and he usually has his cowboy hat on but not tonight...so I had no idea who the shadow belonged to for a moment.


He was actually pleasant and thanked me for letting me bring Walter over.  Said he was going to feed him supper.  Of course I did not believe him but lord and behold since I was outside I actually heard him filling up the ice chest with his horse pellets...I also snuck over to the corral to make sure I heard right.  Sure enough he had fed him.

Monday I did not see him when I went to check up on him but thought nothing of it perhaps he was in front of their house eating weeds.  Went to Walmart and as I was making my way to the store noticed the kid looking my way.  I was in dad's old car and that is one vehicle in which you can not go incognito in Del Rio being red and 31 years old they know for sure it is me.  His father with his long legs was way in front of his little brother and himself.  They had Walter's trailer attached to the truck...but no Walter :-(

It is Thursday night and he is not back.  Perhaps he is at the nephew's house?  Wherever he is I hope he has water, food and shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment