My little Walter

Sunday, August 11, 2013

John "Walter" Deere at work

Post for Sunday August 4, 2013

I had a feeling that Walter's owner would bring him over the day we decided to go to San Angelo, Texas.  Me and my premonitions...sure enough that is what he did.


I do not know this man's last name or his telephone number but he knows ours. I left him a note on his door last year when Walter went AWOL that included it.  Even if he did not have it, we have a note on our front door with it so people can call since it is difficult to hear someone knocking from inside the house.


You would think he would have the courtesy to at least knock or call to ask if it is OK to bring Walter over in case we would not be home.  Case in point...we were going out of town without knowing when we would return.  Guess that is just asking for too much from the likes of him.

We have a constant source of water from the dripping A/C so at least I can depend on him having 6 to 8 gallons daily which is more than I can say he has in his corral.


Whenever he comes over I  put out a tub of water at each water take so if the sun is hitting one in the morning he can go to the other one in the opposite side of the house.  This one is in the back of the house and for some reason he seems to prefer it over the other two.


He has lots of grass and weeds to graze on :)


This is the plastic tub I have for him in the front of the house.


Waldo seems to think this is his house and he naps here all day.  He was napping when Walter arrived but when he saw him get too close to him...he took off like a bat out of hell, jajajajajaja :D


I was so happy seeing my little John "Walter" Deere going from one side of the property to the next grazing to his hearts content. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You actually have "legal custody" of him, at least for a while.

    Not having to sneak around in your own yard to feed & water Walter while your Mom's on the mend at home must be a weight off your mind, even if it is only a temporary respite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Leilani this happened on Sunday, August 4th the day we left for San Angelo. I have no idea how long he stayed but I am glad nonetheless that he was able to come over.

    ReplyDelete