My little Walter

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Walter went riding

Saturday his owner took him riding.  Watched as they unloaded him and then the lazy teenager directed by his father backed up the truck and the horse trailer up against our fence.  Kept an eye on him just in case he hit it.


The father saw me watching them, seems we always happen to coincide whenever we are outside or perhaps I just keep an eye out for the goings on at the corral and go outside to check.


Was surprised the purple sage is once again blooming since we have not had that much precipitation after the heavy rains of last month.  Also these bushes get the water that stubborn Walter refuses to drink.


On this day I could not tell if his barrel was full or not. Only later in the afternoon when I did not have my camera on me did I see his face way down in the barrel.


Look at the above picture and how he killed and then smooth over his mesquite tree...wish he would do that to ours!


It has been very hot in the high 90's and 100's and he is still in the sun.  Guess his hot tin roof shelter is no better than being in the full sun.


2 comments:

  1. I don't think being in the sun matters to horses, see others doing the same. Cattle too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right when I see the burritos and longhorns that visit various bloggers in the Big Bend area.

      When his owner used to let him come over he would be all over the place eating in the sun...then he would go to the shade and rest.

      Delete