My little Walter

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Out of horse pellets

I got up early this morning so I could go to the grocery store before the masses descended on HEB.  It must of rained somewhere in the county last night because it was pleasant outside at 7:15 a.m.

Went to open the gate when Ralph came running towards me meowing he wanted to eat.  Told him he had to wait after we went to check on Walter.  Darn cat didn't even follow me!

He had water but had not been fed.  As a matter of fact he was not fed until late this evening...worthless people...grrrrr!!!

I am out of horse pellets and I can not buy anymore because I have five bags of red mulch that have been sitting in the trunk of my car for weeks now (was planning on taking them to Houston).  Both my leg and my back have been hurting me so there is no way I can get them down without risking injury.

Those people have not taken off his broken lead and that metal hook weighs quiet a bit.


It did not appear that he had water in his barrel though it was not downed.  I took him water twice but he refused to drink it.  He wanted food but I did not have any except for grass but the lazy teenager's friends or cousins were outside and I did not want to be seen feeding him.


On a separate topic, there has been this nasty smell in the air when I have been outside. When I was coming back from HEB, I saw a vulture by the same fence that borders the corral.  It appears to be a dead orange and white cat or small dog.  It was swollen and full of flies so I did not get close.

I do not know if he got run over and came into our yard through the downed fence or if he was dumped there.  Anyway poor Walter has to put up with that foul smell as well :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment