My little Walter

Saturday, February 28, 2015

High price of cat food

It has been a cold, wet and dreary day. The dogs slept in the garage/carport/shed last night and left on their rounds around noon. They must go in different directions because they do not return together.

El Enano (Ralph's dog pal) has been spending a lot of time with Tontolin so that means Ralph is not with him.  Ralph is so evasive.  He comes around for a couple of days and then he goes missing in action.  Before they closed the main road into the sub-division I went to HEB to stock up and bought him his cat food.

My gosh when did cat food go up so much?  His small bag of food was almost $5.00 so Ralph I might just have to switch you to HEB's brand or feed you dog food....joking!

He stayed away for a couple of days and it wasn't until Thursday February 26th that he finally showed up.  He has not been back since.  I sure wish I knew where he hangs out at.

Tonight it is drizzling and I feel so bad for Walter and Dulcinea but more for Walter since he is in that wet feces infested corral with mud up to his ankles.


4 comments:

  1. Cat food and dog food have more than doubled over the past few years. I'm always on the lookout for coupons and sales now.

    I wish those cat tracking collars weren't so expensive, then maybe you could figure out where Ralph wanders. Do you think maybe he's intimidated by all the dogs hanging around now?

    Hope you and your Mom are over the flu. Funny how it kinda swept across Texas in a giant wave from Northeast to Southwest, week by week.

    I got it Christmas Day and it was awful. It was the first time in my life getting the flu. The fever and chills knocked me out of commission entirely for days, even after taking Tamiflu and the cough lingered for what seemed like forever.

    Since I am the primary holiday cook, nobody knew what to do to make all the traditional family dishes, lol! Lots of food I'd bought never got made and had to be thrown out by the time I recovered well enough to do something with it.

    I kept the sweet potatoes, though, because they started growing tall branches right in a glass bowl on my counter and it's become somewhat of a science experiment now. Even though I grow the ornamental sweet potato plant in the garden I'd never seen the kind we get from the grocery store do that on the counter with no dirt and no water. So on the bright side, at least I got a houseplant (odd looking though it may be) out of my Christmas Flu disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had a pet in a long time. The last one was a cat the neighbor's left behind after they moved out. I did not have her long before she got run over :(

    Coupons are a good idea, I had forgotten about them. Since I did not know if Ralph was dead or alive I did not buy him a bigger sack like I did at first.

    Wow, I had never met someone that had only had the flu once in their life...I envy you!

    It is a shame that you are the only one that knows how to fix the holiday family dishes, you need to start teaching someone so they can fill in for you.

    Lol, about your unplanned science experiment. Want to hear how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On "Animal Cops-Houston" they go out and seize horses that are left like that. It's no way to keep an animal, and I wish something could be done for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was something that could be done for him but unfortunately in this part of the Texas specifically Val Verde County we do not have an animal shelter or even a pound. Only the City of Del Rio has a pound and they are quick to tell you they can not help you unless you live in the city limits besides horses are a different matter. They referred me to the Val Verde County Sheriff's department.

      I have personally gone three times to the Sherriff office and nothing has been done about it. The only sheriff deputy that went to talk to the owner and got him to put up a shade for him went on leave and never came back.

      The last time I went to report him the deputy I got made it seem like I was taking up his precious time so I decided to take it upon myself and feed and water him. However, there is nothing I can do even if I had a good back and could shovel the feces as it is private property.

      Delete