My little Walter

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

No dogs, no Ralph, the Flu

It seemed so strange to look out the window in the morning and not see the dogs sleeping by the front door or by the front tree.  Funny how I got attached to them both without even noticing it.  I could see the little path they had made from the front yard of the adjacent lot near Walter's corral all the way to my tent and going to the backyard where the down fence is at.

I had a lot of theories as to why Pedrito left. Perhaps his owner had been out of town or maybe had been incarcerated and he had to take to the streets to fend for himself.  Maybe he just got out of the hospital or a nursing home and now he had his owner back.

In the mean time Ralph did not seem at all preoccupied with his absence.  He looked a little thin and he was sneezing quite a bit.  He did not eat much but he drank a lot of water and went to sleep in the warm sunny rays atop dad's old car.

That afternoon I fed him supper and once again my ex-little porky pig ate very little. That was the last time I saw him, Thrusday, February 12th one day after I last saw Pedrito.

He could have very well come by Friday and Saturday but I got the flu and was out for almost two days. Unfortunately, mother caught my germs and Sunday she fell ill as well.

The saga continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment