My little Walter

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Ralph needs to go to anger management classes

Ralph has developed a mean streak lately.  When Pedrito and Tontolin first adopted Mom's house I was afraid they might hurt Ralph. In particular Pedrito who is the dominant dog.


It took me a while but I finally made him understand that Ralph was part of our family and he was not to be bullied.  When I say...I made him understand...I am talking figuratively as Pedrito is rather hardheaded.

Tontolin never got the message as Pedrito never allowed him to get near me.  At first Ralph was a little scared of both of them, specially Pedrito who only wanted to sniff him but he would have none of that.

I guess I also babied Ralph and tried to protect him.  Now it is a different ball game.  In more than one occasion Ralph has taken out his frustrations on Pedrito namely when I kick him out of the porch.  He is a fast cat and runs in when I am carrying the laundry or just coming inside.


The other day Pedrito was by the porch door and to protect the dog from him I grabbed his front legs as I was taking him to his favorite spot...the top of dad's old car.  He was so mad he actually bit me!  Darn, how can he bite the hand that feeds him?  While at the same time hissing at the dog!

I was looking out the window as I was washing dishes when I saw Tontolin coming for a visit and running smack into Ralph.  Ralph jumped up high in the air and started hissing and scratching then Tontolin took off after him but thankfully never did catch up to him.

Pedrito was a witness to all this and never did a thing to stop Tontolin...I guess it is safe to say he could have cared less?  He must be tired of being on the receiving end of his scratches!

Little Ralph definitively needs to go to anger management classes!


Side Note

I am sorry blog readers but Blogger is not letting me post pictures nor correct big gaps in this post.  Will try to go to the library tomorrow and see if I can fix this :-(



3 comments: