My little Walter

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tontolin turned out to be Tontolina

When Pedrito and his gang of stray first showed up at the house, I thought they were all male.  I was unsure about Tontolin since he/she had so much hair and Pedrito would not allow him/her near me.

All the others would go somewhere else but Tontolin would stay here with Pedrito.  It is finally apparent why he/she left....it turns out he is a girl and was pregnant.  I suppose she went home or to a secure place to have her puppies.

Before he would not share his food with her, but now he does.  Could the puppies be his?  I have been putting out a little more food since she is nursing.  She comes more often now and also drinks a lot of water.  How can people not give their animals water in this heat?  It got to 90 degrees today.

2 comments:

  1. What sort of a dog is Tontolina? Does she look like any particular breed, or just total mutt? Have you seen any of the puppies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that much about dog breeds Gypsy. There are a couple of pictures of her in the blog but more than likely she is a mutt.

      I have not seen the puppies yet. I hope she does not bring them either, I don't want to fall in love with them :(

      Delete