My little Walter

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Back in his corral

With four dogs I am going through a 50 plus pound bag of food a week.  Back when it was only Tammy and Pedrito I would buy smaller bags.  After Boris joined the clan I started buying the big bags as they were cheaper.

I gave up buying dog food at HEB or Walmart because I could never find someone to put it on my cart.  I now do all my buying at Tractor and Supply as they employee young high school kids with strong backs. They also have better prices.

Today there was another dog fight but I had no idea until I saw an open wound on Pedrito's back, he also had a bite on his head.  Had another dog come unto the property they would have ALL started barking but I heard nothing.

Then I saw his pet dish flipped over and knew that it had been over food.  Oscar the new dog is always hungry though I give him the same amount as the others and sometimes a little more. Pedrito did not finish his share, so I think Oscar tried to eat it.  Last time Pedrito inflicted the damage and today it was Oscar's turn.


On another note Walter is back in his corral and I no longer will have to walk to the corner lugging milk jugs and having people seeing me water him.As far as Dulcinea is concerned...she doesn't look pregnant anymore. I saw her owner riding her in the empty lot behind the church.


No comments:

Post a Comment