My little Walter

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Movie in my head

With the recent rains I had wondered how the horses were holding up in that nasty corral that always floods.

Was looking out the kitchen window when I saw the new white horse.  I could not tell if he was in mother's property or not.  It has always irritated me that his owner never comes to ask if he can bring his animals...he just assumes he can.

I was getting hot under the collar because I am sick and tired of abusive neighbors. He has no idea whether or not we are home and does he even take into consideration that if we are not here, who is going to water him?

Reluctantly I went outside to drag the hose out of the mud and find the large water container I had bought for Boris. While I do not mind doing this, I would have liked for it to have been Walter the one to come graze.

That is when I realized that the white horse was not in the yard but grazing by the street.  I laughed as I remembered my Colombian soap opera where the main character in his so sexy Colombian accent tells the girl "ya te hiciste todo una pelicula en la cabeza"...which translates to "you have made a whole movie in your head"...jajajajajaja...that is exactly what I had done :)


The corral must be flooded as both horses were not in it and I guess this one got loose.  It is dangerous as people turn that corner awfully fast and are not expecting a horse to greet them. Luckily he returned home on his own.

I do not know how many people who read this blog also read the Field Lab written by John Wells. Can someone please tell me what happened to his steer Bud?  Last year I was having so many computer problems that I quit reading several blogs as the library only allows you to use their computer for 30 minutes. I would ask on his blog but I don't want to be insensitive and besides he rarely answers comments.

6 comments:

  1. He had to sell Bud. He posted it in is blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did he have to sell him ? He does not seem to be hurting for money and besides he kept Ben company.

      Delete
  2. By the way I hope this storm in Carlsbad NM is not extending down to Del Rio. It is nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a life for those horses. Thank God you notice when they need something and try to help them - I don't blame you for being angry that the guy just assumes you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awfully sad life for them but there are other owners out here who have animals in the same or worst condition but with no County Animal Control there is very little that can be done to help them.

      Delete