My little Walter

Saturday, August 13, 2016

New horse

I feel bad about not posting more about Walter since this blog is named after him.  The triple digit temperatures and lack of rain have dried out the tall weeds but not the horrible mesquite trees and other thorny desert plants.

I walked over to the fence that divides the property from his corral but I was not able to get close to the fence to be able to pet him.  He looked at me like saying "so you finally came to see me".

The first week of August, I noticed some white object moving back and forth along with a reddish metal building.  At first I thought it was Dulcinea and that his owner had brought another used trailer. Seems he has discovered that having garage sales on Saturday is economically rewarding for him. He has so much junk in the lot where the corral is.


The following day as I was headed to town, I noticed that there was a new white horse in the corral with Walter.  There was also a red and silver or was it red and white horse trailer next to a travel trailer he owns.  I suppose he bought another horse.



Also noticed he bought some more bales of hay.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why a person would want a horse or any other animal and then ignore its basic needs. What is the point of having it if there is no mutual enjoyment?

    ReplyDelete