My little Walter

Monday, November 26, 2018

A new chapter in Walter's life

As you know the heavy rains we had this year, as well as last's, made the weeds grow exponentially and it was impossible for me to walk to the fence that separates mother's property from Walter's corral.  However, I was able to see him as I drove by his house every time I went to town.

I had not seen him for a while but that has happened before and he has always come back. After we had the property cleared we once again had a good view of his corral.  He shared that corral with another horse that his owner bought about two years ago.

I happen to see Walter's owner feeding the white horse so I made my way to our shared fence to talk to him. I asked him about Walter, he replied that he was no longer around. I was horrified and forced to ask if he had died.

I think he saw how affected I was and he quickly said...no, no, don't worry he is alive I sold him to another individual. I asked him if he sold him to an out-of-towner but he quickly replied that Walter was still in Del Rio.

I can only hope my little Walter has a better owner than the one he had. While I will miss him, I am happy for him as he starts this new chapter in his life. My only regret is that I did not get to say good-bye.

2 comments:

  1. Changes... I do wonder about that horse from time to time, thank's for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being concerned about him.

      Delete