My little Walter

Monday, March 4, 2013

Feast or Famine

Yesterday afternoon I did not see the red truck Walter's owner was driving and figured he had gone to work out of town.  However, he came back late Sunday afternoon in a beige truck.  That is when I saw him and his kids bringing Walter some treats and then went to the church parking lot to kick a ball around.

This morning I was on my way to the corral but I saw that the truck was still there, so I came back home.  Sorry Walter :(

Late this afternoon Walter was trying to get my attention as I was picking up storm debris from the prior wind storm...as another one is expected tomorrow.  Decided to pay him a visit but was swarmed by horse flies.  This is to be expected as they never remove his feces which is a health hazard. Since the corral is downhill from his owner's house he apparently does not care if it stinks or bothers the neighbors.

He had water but they had not fed him.  Maybe his owner gave him something earlier but he is usually fed late in the afternoon and I did not see any evidence of that.

It is feast or famine in Walter's World.              

No comments:

Post a Comment