My little Walter

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Walter is mad...at ME!

Remember I mentioned that Walter was yawning a lot?  I am still intrigued by that.  Even took some pictures but I do not know what I did to my memory card and now it wants to copy all the pictures not just the recent ones to my computer :-(


Anyhow I went to take him some water but he did not want any and started yawing.  I was holding his pink bucket and set it down on the fence so I could take his picture.  I will be darned if he did not up and toss the darn thing full of water and got me wet!


I told him what a bad boy he was for doing that and he did his horse sound, shook his head and left me talking, lol!  Just like he did the day I reprimanded him when he took off through the downed back fence and would not let me catch him!

That was yesterday around noon.  I came back in the afternoon and he just ignored me and stayed on the other side of the corral even though I called him to the fence several times.

This morning his owner was welding something for his new shed so I could not go visit him until he left.  Would you believe he is still ignoring me?  Have NO idea what has gotten into that horse :-(

5 comments:

  1. Horses have problems with their teeth, sometimes they may need to be floated or filed down.If he has a tooth that hurts he will yawn
    a lot or this jaw could be hurting him.It is hard to tell what is wrong unless you look in his mouth.Do they keep his hoofs trimmed?
    Walter is a good looking horse,he just needs better care and lots of love.Again he is lucky to have you looking out for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargirl238 - I basically have little to no knowledge about horses or their care. The little I know I have learned from your comments.

      I do not think they keep his hoofs trimmed, he has had what I believe to be a mesquite thorn on his hind hoof that they have never removed and it is hurting him.

      Delete
  2. Finally was able to post pictures of Walter yawning!

    ReplyDelete