My little Walter

Monday, April 1, 2013

Fly Ribbon

Was outside when Pacquiao (Walter's family dog)...yes, like the boxer Manny Pacquiao...started barking and would not stop.  Walked towards the garage and saw that there was a man feeding Walter but he did not look like his owner.  Kept an eye on him until he left in an old pick-up.

He gave him a little hay and some pellets but did not fill his water barrel.  The flies were so bad I came to get some fly ribbon to hang by the mesquite limb close to the fence.  The ribbon broke off when I was twirling it and I made the mistake of then using my fingers and it was a sticky mess to say the least!


I tried Mexican alcohol but it did not work, looked for nail polish remover but could not find it and not wanting to get more stuff sticky I decided to wash my hands over and over with soap and that finally did the trick.  Too bad the door knobs are still sticky!  Any suggestions?

Gave Walter water and went back to what I was doing.  Late this afternoon I went to see him and was happy to see that they threw a brick of good green hay but they did not separate it for him.


I asked him if he had water and he stopped eating came to the fence and let me pet him and when I asked him again he walked to his old ice chest and started eating from it, so that told me that they gave him pellets as well but they look like huge dog biscuits.  Still did not know if he was given water so I could come back tonight and offer him some.


I got busy and before I knew it...it was dark, so sorry Walter...I am just as bad as your owners :-(

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The ribbons fill up real fast with all the darn flies. Need to buy some more but it is like a band-aid fix.

      His owner really needs to remove the waste.

      Delete