My little Walter

Thursday, April 4, 2013

He was laying down

The telephone ringing woke me up this morning.  Tried to go back to sleep but could not.  Mother was outside enjoying the sunshine and since the neighbors were not home she asked me to help her walk to the fence line.

She wanted to see some flowers that were blooming in the next lot.  On our way there a Border Patrol vehicle spotted us from the  main road and then turned into our street and went by real slow...Yes, my mother and I are illegal aliens and like to walk on private property (me rolling my eyes)...mother waved at the guy and he waved back, lol.

This is the same lot that butts up to Walter's corral but...there was no Walter!  Since we were already there she wanted to see the horse trailer that the owner had backed up really close to the fence a couple of weeks ago.  That is when I saw Walter's head and could tell he was there but he was laying down.

He is not deaf and I know he heard us...though we did not say anything so he would not get up and keep resting.  I can not help but think it is his hind hoof that is bothering him.

I wish I had had my camera on me but I did not.  Still wonder how people with concealed handgun licenses can carry their guns on them all the time and I can't even remember to carry my little camera :-(

Does that fool he has for an owner not realize that if he does not have a vet look at his leg, he is not going to be able to bear his weight on it and he will be in constant pain?

A while later I saw him up again but he did lay down several times today.

2 comments:

  1. I just can't believe there is no one to care, but you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Trouble that is the way it is.

    ReplyDelete