My little Walter

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Claire

If you read my main blog, you probably already know about Claire...a poor mare that has been in a patch of land since April 18, 2013.  She has been left grazing here since then and now there is hardly anymore to graze on.  She is thin, dirty and hungry.  She has an old ice chest that half of the time is empty or if it is full...it is filthy!

One of my blog readers...Dave,  from Living Out Here fame http://livingouthere.blogspot.com/2013/04/update-horse-walks-into-bar.html   suggested I contact Wings and Reins a horse rescue organization http://wingsandreins.com/

The lady that heads the organization was very helpful and gave me some good advice.  She also told me  what I already knew...not to expect much from the Sheriff's Department specially in a county without an animal abuse agent or county shelter for this poor mare to be taken to.

Have made two calls to the Sheriff's Department and to date...as has previously been the case with Walter...nothing has been done.  I will NOT be calling them anymore!  Have learned that if you want something done, it is best to do it yourself or at least, that is the case in Val Verde County, Texas.

These pictures are from earlier this evening when I went to feed and water her.

Why the big rock?  We were expecting severe storms
tonight and the winds were fierce.  I did not want her
box with pellets to blow away.

Hardly no water in her ice chest and what was there is filthy!


This 5 gallon bucket is used to get water out of the creek.  I used it
to give her some clean water...this is before I filled it up.

View from a heavily transited road...in particular by Border Patrol agents 24/7 as this is the only way in or out of Vega Verde, a sub-division along the Rio Grande known for its drug and illegal alien activity.  It is also patrolled by the Sheriff's Department...yet no one seems to notice Claire.




In all fairness unless you took the time to get off your vehicle, look at her ice chest or happened to notice her physical deterioration over the past month...I suppose you could assume she is alright.  Yet,  if I could notice it and I do not drive by here every day...how could others miss it?


No comments:

Post a Comment